Which industrial classification code should I choose?

Your company must be associated with an industrial classification code, before you can register VAT and other duties with the Danish Tax Agency. You can select one principal line and up to three subsidiary lines. The principal line must be the business where your company has the largest turnover.

You can see the industrial classification codes on “Virk Indberet”. If you need to change or assign an industrial classification code to your company you can do so under “Ændre virksomhed” on “Virk Indberet”:

Log in via Ændre Virksomhed på Virk. Choose “Dine virksomheder”. Pick “Ændre” on the company you wish to change or assign an industrial classification code for. Pick “Rediger virksomhed”. Go to the section “Branche” and pick “Rediger”. Look after an appropriate industrial classification code and pick “Vælg”. Choose “Gem ændringer”. Pick a date for the change.

Afterwards, the company must be approved by Virk.