Get a free Danish bank account and digital card as a non-citizen all safe and digital. Manage your money and NemKonto in an English banking app crammed with helpful features. You will join more than 750,000 users with a Lunar bank account.
If you are an expat, a non-citizen or an international student living and working in Denmark, you are required to have a Danish bank account, as a rule of thumb. Now you can get a safe, digital and free Danish account easier than ever. Avoid the hassle of going to branch - you can apply directly on your mobile.
Lunar just opened our new regulated bank for EU citizens living, working and studying in Denmark. You’ll get a Danish bank account you can link with your NemKonto, a Visa card without annual fees and you will join 750,000 people who already hold a Lunar bank account.
Try Lunar and get your free account in Denmark with the banking app in English. You need a Danish CPR, picture ID, and a NemID to start your application. You can apply directly from the app - no need to show up anywhere with all the paperwork with you.
Banking as easy as it gets
- With Lunar you’ll get all your banking in one app and a sleek black Visa card with a PIN you choose.
- You get a great overview of your spend, can create interactive budgets and get instant notifications with every purchase
- Save up with the personalised (and highly addictive) feature Goals and make your own saving rules
- You can arrange to have your bills paid automatically from your account (Betalingsservice) or pay bills just by taking a picture
- Transfer money to other Danish bank accounts for free. Lunar does not yet support international transfers from your account.
Safe, free and mobile-only
Lunar is a regulated and digital Danish bank, and for the first time we are opening our doors for non-citizens living in Denmark. Lunar got its own banking license in 2019 and has built a digital bank from scratch allowing all users to get a bank account and Visa card for free. Being a regulated bank your money is safe and secured by the deposit guarantee .
Usually, you pay annual fees in Danish banks when you open an account - there can be fees on services like account transfers, bill payment and markups when you use your card in other countries.
In Lunar there are no recurring annual fees or signup fees on your account or card.