PROS AND CONS OF INVESTING IN CRYPTO
- Earn money. If the rate of a cryptocurrency rises you could make money from your purchase.
From 2015 to 2022, the value of bitcoin has risen by a little over 9,000 %. But just as quickly as the value can rise, it can fall again because cryptocurrencies are an unregulated market. You can read more about that here. So even if you do yield gains, you could also risk losing the money you’ve purchased crypto with.
- 24-hour markets. Traditional markets for purchasing and selling stocks and assets are closed on certain days - i.e. during the weekends. Crypto markets are open all hours of the day.
When you invest in regular stocks, bonds, and other assets, it takes place via a centralized exchange - such as Copenhagen Stock Exchange. Exchanges are also closed during weekends and holidays. Crypto exchanges are not centralized, and are thus open all hours of the day.
- Be at the forefront of the future. Some say that cryptocurrency is the currency of the future.
If this turns out to be true that cryptocurrencies are the currencies of the future, you’re already one step ahead when you begin now.
- Great fluctuations. The value of crypto currencies can rise and fall very dramatically from one day to the next.
Investing in cryptocurrency is investing in assets with great fluctuations - or a high volatility. This means that the price of a cryptocurrency can rise and fall greatly within a short amount of time.
If the price of a cryptocurrency which you’ve invested in falls drastically from one day to the next, it would be a disadvantage for you because you could risk losing the money you’ve purchased cryptocurrency with.
On the other hand, a drastic rise will be an advantage for you, because you could make money in this instance.
These are the general dynamics when you’re investing in volatile markets - and here, cryptocurrencies are one of the most volatile markets to invest in at the moment.
- Foreign platforms feel unsafe. Up until recently, trading cryptocurrencies has only been possible on foreign platforms. And it’s often on platforms who may be difficult to understand
The fees may be not be transparent, and therefore it may not be easy to tell how much you actually need to pay for your trades.
On top of that, the foreign platform could be difficult to understand due to complex buzzwords and strange tech-lingo.
So, it could be an advantage to choose a simple platform, which talks in an easy-to-understand language and that’s easy to navigate - even for a beginner. This is what you’re getting with the new Danish crypto platform, Lunar Block.
Here, it’s also completely clear what you’re paying for your trades, and all in all, it makes you feel like you’re in safe hands.
- It can be hard to get started. Crypto platforms can be hard to use if you don’t choose the right one.
If you’ve previously researched different crypto platforms and apps, you’ll know that they’re often pretty complicated to use.
This is especially true for Danish and Nordic investors, who up until now haven’t had any local option for crypto trading. Lunar Block is a Danish platform, specifically developed to make it easy for you to get started investing in crypto.
Buy crypto now